Certified Business Relationship Manager® Course
Current CBRM®Course Schedule
We offer onsite classroom training, including 4-day CBRM® certification courses for between 8 and 18 participants. Onsite classroom training can be customized to meet specific needs, including consulting to help optimize your BRM deployment, increasing your speed to value and helping you avoid the common traps that impede BRM success. Please contact us for details of the next course or to discuss your situation so we can tailor a class for you just click for source.
CBRM® Learning Objectives
- source Effectively communicate the purpose and objectives of the Strategic BRM role and how to optimally position that role for maximum effectiveness within the enterprise.
- learn more here Understand how to use their personal power and influence to build business relationships and foster a culture that excels at business value results.
- click Apply the Strategic Relationship Management processes and techniques to build and sustain trust-based relationships that span Business Partner and Provider networks.
- Be able to assess Business Demand Maturity and Business Relationship Maturity and how these might evolve over time.
- Be able to assess Provider Capability Maturity and BRM Competencies and identify key areas in need of improvement.
- Apply cross-organization communication techniques to clearly articulate business value delivered to the organization.
- Be able to influence executive leaders in their use of Provider Capabilities and Assets based upon potential business value and convergence with business strategy.
- Promote and catalyze business innovation in the Provider’s sphere of influence.
- Be able to use the Business Value Management process, techniques, and metrics to define, realize, and optimize the value of Provider capabilities and assets.
- Apply Business Partner Experience Management so as to foster a positive Business Partner perception of Provider capabilities as an essential element of building and sustaining trust relationships.
- Shape strategic agendas for optimum business value, with due consideration of external compliance requirements and potential risks to the business.
- Understand the implications of Lean/Agile methods for the BRM role and capability.
- Influence the development and deployment of available Provider capabilities based upon business need and potential to enable or create business value.
- Apply Business Capability Management to determine and acquire enabling capabilities pursuant to strategic outcomes.
- Contribute to Business Transition Management in order to foster organizational understanding, support, adoption, and business value results of investments in new business capabilities.
CBRM® Course Outline
- Learning objectives
- CBRM Certification and introduction to the scenario-based exam
- Course outline and schedule
- Explain the House of BRM, recalling the BRM Core Disciplines, competencies required for the BRM role, and necessary conditions for protecting the integrity of the role
- Recall the key BRM concepts, processes, and techniques
- Understand the Business Relationship Maturity Model and the Five Relationship Maturity Levels
The BRM role in driving business value
- Inter-dependencies between maturity of Business Demand, Business Relationships, Provider Capability and BRM Competency
- Introducing the ACME Leisurewear Case Scenario that is used through the balance of the CBRM course
Assessing the BRMs context
- Clarifying issues
- Assessing Business Relationship Maturity
- Assessing Business Demand Maturity
- Assessing Provider Capability Maturity
- Assessing BRM Competency
- Shaping the Business Partner experience
Developing Strategic Relationships
- Strategic Relationship Management Planning
- Influence and persuasion
- Navigating organizational politics
- Planning formal communications
- BRM organizational considerations
- BRM performance measurement
Optimizing Business Value
- Formulating and clarifying business strategy
- Catalyzing business innovation
- Business and enabling capability management
- The BRM and Lean-Agile methods
- Value Management planning
- Portfolio Management as a Value Management tool
- The BRM role in Business-Provider Governance
- Business Transition Planning to prevent ‘value leakage’
- Business value optimization
CBRM® Exam Preparation
- Format and structure of the CBRM® Practitioner Exam.
- Exam hints and tips.
- Sample Exam.