I am very excited to announce that I will be teaching the upcoming inaugural Business Relationship Management Professional™ (BRMP™) training and certification program on 3 days over a 3-week period, starting September 9, 2013 and continuing on September 16 and September 23.
This course is intended for the entry-level to intermediate Business Relationship Manager, with the training and certification designed to provide a solid baseline level of knowledge.
BRMP™ Learning Objectives
Holders of the BRMI Business Relationship Management Professional™ (BRMP™) credentials will be able to demonstrate:
- Understanding of the characteristics of the BRM role.
- Understanding of what it means to perform as a trusted advisor, contributing to business strategy formulation and shaping business demand for the provider’s services.
- Understanding of how Portfolio Management disciplines and techniques are used to maximize realized business value.
- Understanding of Organizational Change Management and the conditions for successful change programs.
- Understanding of their role in Service Management and how to align services and service levels with business needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively.
BRMP™ Course Outline
- Be able to explain the goals and objectives of the BRM role.
- Understand why the BRM role is gaining importance and how it is evolving in response to business and provider forces.
- Explain the concepts of Business Demand Maturity and Provider Supply Maturity and how these impact the BRM role.
- Understand the drivers of relationship maturity and be able to differentiate between tactical and strategic BRM roles and how these relate to order taker, trusted consultant and strategic business partner.
- Be able to explain common BRM reporting and organizing structures.
- Understand how and where to engage in your business partner’s decision cycle.
- Co-develop, with your business partner, a Relationship Strategy-on-a-Page and corresponding mutual Relationship Contract.
- Be able to work from business strategy to create Capability Roadmaps.
- Be able to use the Value Management Framework to link business strategy, provider strategy, portfolio and the business case to shape priorities and communicate business value.
- Understand the relationships between Project, Program and Portfolio Management and how these work together to optimize business value.
- Be able to use Business Outcomes to clarify strategic initiatives, manage scope and determine value metrics.
Business Transition Management
- Understand what is required to motivate stakeholders to actively engage in strategic change initiatives.
- Understand the key roles to be orchestrated in managing large scale or strategic change.
- Know how to create a Stakeholder Map and use it to inform Change Management Planning.
- Recognize people’s emotional response to change and help them to cope with it.
- Understand the sources of resistance to change and how to mitigate them.
- Understand the stages of commitment to change and how deep a commitment level to pursue for a given type of change.
- Provide value-centric definition of a service.
- Define Service Management and understand its key principles.
- Understand the Scope of BRM Engagement Through the Service Lifecycle.
- Understand the components of effective communication.
- Understand how to influence those over whom they do not have direct control.
- Convey the unique value proposition of the BRM role.
For additional information, and to register, please visit the BRMI website here.