I’ve posted before about Cloud Computing and I am delighted to let you know that I have been invited to speak to this topic at an upcoming CIO Forum Series sponsored by Pariveda Solutions and Microsoft Windows Azure.
I believe that there is an inevitability to the Cloud as a new way to deliver capability and functionality and that the implications are far reaching for IT organizations. One implication that I am already seeing play out is the disintermediation of the IT organization as businesses look to short cuts and workarounds to get their pet initiatives deployed. This is not inherently bad, but it is a slippery slope. Businesses will unwittingly take on risks they don’t understand and ultimately, it will be the responsibility of the CIO to sort out the mess!
Cloud Computing and Business-IT Maturity
I’ve also posted extensively on the Business-IT Maturity Model and for this CIO Forum Series I will be examining the threats and opportunities for Cloud Computing at each level.
The event will be held in 4 US cities as follows (please click on the link for the city you are interested in signing up for to be taken to the appropriate registration page):
Here’s a quick introduction to the events:
The agenda for each session will follow the same format:
- 6:00 – 6:30 Drinks
- 6:30 – 7:30 Dinner
- 7:30 – 9:00 Introduction – Threats and Opportunities in the Cloud
- Business demand and IT supply maturity:
- Challenges and Opportunities at Level 1: Infrastructure and Core Solutions
- Challenges and Opportunities at Level 2: Business Process Enablement
- Challenges and Opportunities at Level 3: Product, Process and Business Model Innovation
- Understanding the Cloud Provider Landscape
- Real-World Cloud Cases
- Level 1 Case: Scaling through Infrastructure On Demand Outsourcing
- Level 2 Case: Extending reach and enhancing customer experience
- Level 3 Case: Innovating products and business models
- Building your Cloud Agenda
- Panel Discussion